Saturday, July 6, 2013

Well, That is Just Spectacular!

It is 1:47 a.m.

Yep!  You read that right - 1:47 a.m.

"Why," you might ask, am I awake at such an early hour?

Well,

That would begin the story of the spectacularness that has been my early morning.

It began by being scared awake by my youngest, Fix-it, standing by me with the ever-popular middle-of-the-night proclamation, "I barfed."

It is quite spectacular how much mess can be made by throwing up next to the bed, when you occupy the top bunk and the floor is messy.

It was so spectacular that I woke up my husband to help clean that bit of loveliness up.  He was recruited to take Bug's blanket, that was hanging off her bed, downstairs while I kept cleaning up the floor and everything else.  Bug woke up long enough as I was uncovering her to tell me that she better not barf on the blanket she was using now.

Told Fix-it to go get a bowl from downstairs.  That is bowl number 1.

She came back upstairs to report that K was already downstairs on the couch with a bowl.  That is bowl number 2.  She had come downstairs about midnight after throwing up in the bathroom upstairs and cleaning up her own mess.

I come downstairs with Fix-it's blanket to add to the laundry (remember, the reason I was awake), to find my husband worshipping the porcelain goddess.

Spotting the trend, yet?

That, dear folks, is bowl number 3.

I told him to take one upstairs to put by Bug, in case, she too had reason to use it.  That is bowl number 4.

Now that I am sure I gave my family food poisoning from the really good turkey curry salad I made for supper, I am sitting in my chair trying to decide if my stomach doesn't feel good, or if it is the power of suggestion.

To be on the safe side, I think it will be bowl number 5 when I head back upstairs.

So, final score for the night:

Food Poisoning: 1      The Family:  0

Final tally, so far at 2:02 a.m.:

1 bad batch of turkey curry salad - which I will never be able to make again, even though it tasted really good
2 blankets hit by one kid
3 people sick, so far
4 things to throw away: the rest of the curry, the fresh lettuce from Mom's garden, the pine nuts that we've never had before, and the stock I have going in the slow cooker from the turkey carcass
5 bowls deployed

Yep, this is just spectacular!  (They really need to invent a sarcasm font!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. We all learn from each other and I would like to learn from you!

Comments will be posted as soon as possible. I've been getting hit with a lot of spam, so I need to watch what is going on the blog. Thanks for understanding.