Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Yarn Along - Feb 1, 2011

February already!  HOW did that happen????

Have any of you worked on a knitting/crocheting project that kept putting you to sleep?  I don't mean because it's boring - which could also be the case, but because you keep the house cool and you're buried under ALL this yarn!

This is what I'm working on. 

My sister "destashed" by GIVING me all her yarn and the request that I make an afghan for my brother-in-law.  I'm crocheting with a Q hook (MAN, this sucker is HUGE like, my gauge is 3 stitches to 4 inches!) and three strands of yarn at once in a half double stitch.  It's roughtly 7 ft wide, you know, crochet until it looks long enough.  Right now, 30 rows long.  I wasn't sure how to work in the hunter orange, but I think it works.  I'm doing 10 rows of the light blue, navy blue, and black combo and then I throw in 2 rows of the hunter orange - she gave me 3 skeins, so it's working.

I'm one my 6th skein of black (3 oz), 3 skein of navy blue (7 oz), and the 2nd skein of light blue (16 oz).  I need to about double the number of rows and it'll be done.

It's working up fast with the size, but it's getting heavy, so my thumb hurts from hanging on to that weight.

It's going to be SOOOOO warm, but my brother-in-law is always cold and he's 6'4", so needs a lot of blanket.

As for what I'm reading, I'm reading Home Sausage Making. 

We're going to make Italian Sweet Sausage this weekend and Pork and Apple Sausage.  I think we're going to smoke the Apple Sausage and use the Sweet Sausage is going to be used fresh.

Hope everyone has a good day and I'll be back later to ready everyone else's Yarn Along with Ginny at Small Things .  Fixit and I are headed out the door on a field trip.

3 comments:

  1. Traci, it looks awesome! Way better then what I was thinking it would turn out like! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm intimidated by home sausage making, so good luck. (Perhaps because I only have a small kitchenette.) I love blankets that work up quickly with big hooks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is looking good. I do like the colors together. I have an award for you on my blog. Please visit the following link to see it. http://lazydaisycrochet.blogspot.com/2012/02/versatile-blogger-award-x-2.html

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment. We all learn from each other and I would like to learn from you!

Comments will be posted as soon as possible. I've been getting hit with a lot of spam, so I need to watch what is going on the blog. Thanks for understanding.