Monday, July 2, 2012

Monday Musings - July 2, 2012


Right now... 7:09 p.m. and we're watching an interesting show on the history channel on Modern Marvels about rice.  Lots we didn't know about rice.  Bug is trying to read a book and Fixit is "bugging her", so we had to avert a fistfight.

This weekend... was hot and sticky.  We had temperatures in the middle 90s with high humidity.  Yuck!  Saturday, we had the memorial service for my Aunt Anita and my Uncle Dan that passed away in February and March.  It was at least 90 degrees at the cemetery.  After the ceremony (thank you Father John for the short ceremony), we all headed back to my house for the meal.  We got a nice pit ham sliced at the deli along with sliced cheese.  We also had some of my Mom's homemade sauerkraut and some locally made polish sausage.  Not the way you want family to get together, but it was still a good celebration of their lives.

Some plans for the week...  It's supposed to be in the mid to upper 90s all week.  Ick.  Today, I had 2 farm visits for work.  One ended up a little more forceful than I like, when I have to leave a message and tell them that I was showing up at a certain time, but it worked out well.

Tuesday, I have 2 more farm visits, trying for a third, but no one is answering me. 

Wednesday, is 4th of July, but the only thing special is that Bob doesn't have to work.  We have been so dry for the last couple of months, that we have a total burning ban in effect, so no fireworks or fire in the backyard.

I can't schedule anything for Thursday and Friday, because neither of the girls that I get to babysit are available.

If I can find some time for myself, I will . . . Try to get to the library and exchange some books.  I've recently finished two good series Ranger's Apprentice by John Flanagan and Children of the Djinn by P.B. Kerr.  So, I need to find something else to read.  I've been reading The Hobbit at Bug and K are really enjoying it.

I am grateful for . . .  my Dad providing me with a job that I enjoy, but is also funding 3 major things this year:  propane contract that is already paid for, school for the girls at the local Catholic school which the money is in the bank for, and property taxes - which are also in the bank.  Everything beyond that is to sit in savings and hopefully give us a little for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. We all learn from each other and I would like to learn from you!

Comments will be posted as soon as possible. I've been getting hit with a lot of spam, so I need to watch what is going on the blog. Thanks for understanding.