Sunday, October 9, 2011

80 degrees and a trip to the Pumpkin Patch

What a beautiful day!  It got up to 80 degrees today.  What unbelievable weather for October!

After taking my sister back to the airport this morning, after she did a quick 4-day visit, I stopped for more jars from Fleet Farm.  I had literally run out of canning jars trying to keep up with the bounty we have been able to harvest this year.  Ok, that so didn't sound like me.  Let's try this version:  I've had sooooo much food to can this year that I ran out of stinking canning jars.  (Closer to me.) 

One of the smaller trees
Another small tree
Here are some apple tree pictures - I could literally be taking care of apples every day from now until Christmas.  (And these are after I've already taken care of at least 10 5-gallon pails full.)
Just the biggest tree

We went to the local Pumpkin Patch this afternoon with the kids.  It was amazing how nice it was.  Here are some pictures from our outing.

K & Fixit on the lawn mower train

Bug on the lawn mower train

It's not the biggest one, but it's the biggest one K could carry.


Fixit is carrying the little one for Mom.

Heave. Ho!

The aftermath of an afternoon outside.
K, Bug, and Fixit had a great time.  They got their faces painted, went through a corn maze, looked at the animals in the petting zoo, rode the lawn mower train, and got to pick out pumpkins.  We ended up with 6 large pumpkins.  We ARE NOT carving them today.  That might be a next week project.  We might paint them instead - have to see how ambitious Mom is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. We all learn from each other and I would like to learn from you!

Comments will be posted as soon as possible. I've been getting hit with a lot of spam, so I need to watch what is going on the blog. Thanks for understanding.